DescriptionCaraway seeds are from the Ajwain plant, frequently confused with Cumin. They are not interchangeable, it's fragrance is closer to Thyme in fact. They are very nutritious and can be used medicinally. A pinch can go well in a cup of Chai, so compatible in sweet drinks and dishes too if used in small amounts.
- Improve airflow
- Can lower blood pressure
- Improve cholesterol levels
- Powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Relief from Acidity and Indigestion
UsesToast them a little to bring out their aroma and flavour. Cook in ghee for taste and so that their nutritious properties can have a good carrier. Recipe ideas
- Coat vegetables in Couscous recipes
- For Curries, Stews, Rice: heat in a little fat at the beginning to help bring it's flavor out
- Can also be added to herbal teas, and chais
Information according to Ayurvedic sources.