DescriptionQuality green cardamoms can recognised by the sharpness of their green colour. Among the most ancient of spices and third most expensive after Saffron and Vanilla. Though because of the price we usually are accustomed to buying the lesser grade quality that are abundantly available. Use to enhance savoury and sweet dishes it has a dominating taste that is complex and flavorful with slightly sweet, spicy, resinous, floral, and citrus notes.
- Improves digestion
- Relief from indigestion
- Lowes blood pressure
- Relief from flatulence
UsesWorks well in both savory and sweet dishes.
- A must ingredient in Chai recipes
- Add a few to into curries to accentuate sweetness and floral aromas
- Sprinkle seeds onto a salad
- Add to desserts recipes
- Compliments sweet creamy/milky recipes likely Kulfi very well
- Brew with coffee like they do in the middle east!
Information according to Ayurvedic sources.