DescriptionThis is our homemade recipe, as made by our Maa today, meaning warm blend, Gharam masala is the heart of many Punjabi and Indian cuisine. The sweetness from the Cinnamon, the spiciness from the Peppercorn, the aroma from the Coriander, and the warmth from the Cumin create the key notes of this timeless blend. This combination of spices will add depth and complexity effortlessly to your cooking. The development of Gharam masala goes back thousands of years, a carefully balanced blend that was designed to contain all six tastes (sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter, and astringent) each of which is said to fulfill an integral role in the health and well-being of our physiology and in particular the functioning of our digestive systems.
- Digestive aid
- Absorption of nutrients
- Maintain blood glucose level
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Supports the immune system
- Frequently used in Indian cooking.
- Can be used creatively in other cuisines like pasta, chilli, soups and stews for health benefits and for colouring.
- Add a teaspoon to stews and soups when serving 4-6
- Rub into potato wedges with oil before baking
Information according to Ayurvedic sources.