DescriptionChana (Chickpeas) masalas a beloved dish that is popular as street food as it is in parties. It is favoured among vegetarians for its nutrient and protein-rich content. The recipe can be found online at this link: Chana masala. Serve with Rice, Naan or Pitta bread.
- Gharam masala, Cumin seeds, Turmeric
- Chickpeas, Garlic, Onions, Butter, Chilli, Ginger, Tomato, Potato, Fresh Coriander
Health benefitsFavoured among vegetarians for it's nutrient and protein-rich content
- Put some chickpeas aside after they have initially been cooked to use them in other dishes like salads
- Add some sliced peppers in with the potatoes.
- Slightly mash the chickpeas before adding them to the sauce at the end, to make for a thicker gravy alternative
- The next day you can add some coconut milk to double up on this recipe.
Information according to Ayurvedic sources.