- 875 ml Water
- 400 ml Milk Whole fat
- 4 g Tea
- 32 g Brown sugar
- 2 g Ginger powder
- 2.5 g Fennel seeds
- 1.25 g Dill seeds
- 1.5 g Green cardamom
- 0.75 g Caraway seeds aka ajwain
- 0.75 g Coriander seeds
- 1 g Star anise
- 2.5 g Cinnamon Quills
- 0.07 g Cloves
- 0.1 g Black pepper
- deep pan
- Add the water to a saucepan.
- Add the spices to the water and set it to boil and then bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the tea and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Let the tea boil and then simmer for another minute.
- Add the milk and sugar, simmer for 5 mins.
- It's ready to serve.
The fat of the milk is essential to bind the ingredients and to help carry them goodness of the spices around the body. Try adding a little ghee for improved binding.
Try adding Turmeric in to the blend for some extra health benefits
Add other optional spices like Cumin, and black cardamom.
Fry the spices at the beginning in some ghee before adding the rest of the ingredients.