- 500 ml Water Boil water
- 500 g Kidney beans dried
- 250 g Soya mince
- 500 g Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 carrots Diced
- 1 Pepper
- 250 g Mushroom Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Finely chopped / grated
- 250 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 2 Onions Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Salt Or add to taste.
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 deep pan
Prepare the Kidney bean
- The night before, soak kidney beans in a large bowl of water. They will expand so put in ample water.
Cook the kidney beans
- Ready the soya mince according to instructions: if frozen then they will need to be de-frosted, if dried then you will soak them in water.
- Fry onions in the pan with the cumin and salt, add garlic after a couple of mins of frying the onions.
- When the onions have begun to brown then add the carrots, mushrooms and peppers too, fry for a few minutes longer.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the Kidney beans and the soya, 250 ml water and the nutritional yeast and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric for colour and health benefits. Also add the salt, pepper, chilli powder and paprika.
- Simmer for approx 25 minutes.
- It's ready to serve.
Take of the skins off the tomatoes if you are worried about pesticides
Add some chili powder for some extra heat!