Spices & Herbs
- 0.5 tsp Garam masala
- 4 tbsp Fenugreek leaves Soak in hot water for 10mins
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Mango powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1.25 tsp Salt Adjust to taste
- 180 g Gram flour remove lumps by sieving
- 250 ml Water
- 3 tbsp Butter or Ghee/oil
- Non-stick pan
- Prepare the Fenugreek leaves by soaking them in boiling hot water for 10 minutes.
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt a small dollop of butter on a non-stick pan
- Turn the heat to a medium heat.* If it's too low the pancake will dry, if it's too high then it will burn
- Pour in a ladle of the mix into the pan after the butter has melted and sizzling.Cook for approx 1 minute.
- When the top of the pancake is no longer runny then you can flip it over.* Use a large spatula to make this easier.Cook for approx a minute and a half.
- Flip back to the other side and cook for a little while longer. * Both sides should be lightly browned.
- Serve with a topping or side of your choice., here's a few ideas:1. Yogurt2. Hoummous3. Salad: Avacado, Feta and cucumber with sprouted seeds.
* Use it as a pizza base and grill some cheese with topping.
* Boil and mash potatoes into the mix
* Boil and dice potatoes, add to the mix to make a vegan tortilla
* Chop up spinach and half a tomato into the mix
* Fry some onion, chilli, garlic and ginger into and then add it to the mix
* Thinly chop up your favourite vegetables into the mix