It’s very easy to make homemade Paneer (an Indian cheese related to the Cottage cheese). You can follow our very easy to follow recipe at this link. But what do you do when you have it?
Paneer/Cottage cheese can be prepared in a number of ways, it varies according to the occasion, preference and health consideration. Here are some suggestions:
- Deep fried Paneer is the most popular way when cooked for parties or restaurants. Heat oil in a deep pan and then bring to a simmer, then deep fry till golden brown and crispy.
- Fry the Paneer in a flat pan with a little oil on low-medium heat until golden brown.
- Coat the Paneer in cornflour and season with a little salt & pepper with optional spices and herbs. Now you can fry the oil like above in the flat pan, but you will need a little more oil since the corn flour will also soak some up.
- It is also possible to grill, and is terrific on the barbeque!
- The healthiest way would be not to pre-cook it at all and simply use it as it is.
Cooking it a little does also help the Paneer to keep its form in addition to influencing the taste. But you might consider cooking it depending on what you are making, that is if it already has good form!